10 Best Window Cleaning Practices to Keep Your Windows Streak-Free
Having clean windows can bring a lot of beauty and life to your home. It makes the outside world visible, letting in lots of natural light while providing you with an unobstructed view. However, getting those windows looking streak-free and spotless is no easy task. To make sure your windows are sparkling clean all year round, here are 10 best window cleaning practices that will help you get the job done right. From using the best products to tips for avoiding streaks and smudges, this guide has everything you need to know about keeping your windows looking great!
- Use the Right Cleaning Products: Whether you are using a store-bought window cleaner or something homemade, make sure you are using products best suited for your windows. Avoid abrasive cleaners that may scratch the glass and use gentle cleaners made specifically for windows to keep them looking streak-free.
- Choose the Right Cleaning Cloth: When it comes to wiping away dirt and grime, be sure to use a lint-free cloth. Microfiber cloths are best as they don’t leave behind lint or streaks.
- Start from the Top: When cleaning your windows, start with the top portion and work your way down. This will help prevent streaks from forming and make your job much easier.
- Use Vinegar and Water: Mix equal parts of white vinegar and distilled water together to create a powerful glass cleaner that is safe to use on all types of windows. Just be sure to thoroughly rinse the cloth after using it so you don’t leave behind any residue.
- Clean in Sections: Divide your windows into sections and start with one section at a time. This will help you move quickly and efficiently as well as prevent streaks from forming on the glass.
- Use a Squeegee: One of the best ways to get streak-free windows is to use a squeegee. Start at the top of the window and move in a zigzag motion as you wipe down the glass. Once you’ve finished, be sure to use a clean cloth to dry off any excess moisture.
- Clean Corners and Edges: When cleaning windows, don’t forget to pay attention to the corners and edges. These are often overlooked but can be a major source of dirt and grime. Make sure you use a cloth or brush to get these areas clean.
- Clean Glass Doors: For glass doors, such as those used on showers or patios, it’s best to use an all-purpose cleaner. You can also use a mild detergent for stubborn stains. Be sure to rinse the area thoroughly with water and dry it completely before using it again.
- Clean Window Tracks: When it comes to window tracks, make sure you dust them off first then use a damp cloth to clean away any dirt or grime. Use an old toothbrush to get into hard-to-reach places.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: When cleaning your windows, avoid direct sunlight as this is likely to cause streaks and smudges to form on the glass. Clean them in indirect light or when it’s cloudy outside for best results.
These best window cleaning practices are sure to help you keep your windows looking streak-free and sparkling clean all year round. Be sure to use the best products, clean in sections, and avoid direct sunlight for best results. With these tips, you’ll be able to keep your windows looking great with minimal effort!
Excellent Exteriors LLC
12119 Sawhill Blvd, Spotsylvania Courthouse, VA 22553, United States