Concrete is a popular material for driveways, sidewalks, and patios because it is durable and relatively inexpensive. However, concrete can be difficult to clean, especially if it becomes stained or covered in dirt, dust, or algae.
When shopping for a concrete pressure washer, there are several factors to consider.
- PSI – The most important factor is the PSI (pounds per square inch) of the machine. The higher the PSI rating, the more powerful the machine will be. Other factors to consider include:
- The type of water jet – Some machines come with adjustable water jets that allow you to customize the cleaning power depending on the surface you are cleaning. Choose a machine with a wide variety of jet settings for maximum versatility.
- The size of the unit – Make sure to choose a machine that is large enough to handle your cleaning needs but not so large that it is difficult to maneuver around tight spaces.
- The type of motor – Choose a machine with a high-quality motor for long life and consistent performance.
Tips for Using a Concrete Pressure Washer
Now that you know what to look for in a concrete pressure washer, here are some tips for using it:
- Start with the lowest setting and work your way up – This will help prevent damage to the concrete surface.
- Use detergent – Many concrete pressure washers come with a detergent attachment. Use this attachment to apply detergent to the surface before you start cleaning. This will help break down any tough stains.
- Rinse with clean water – Once you have finished cleaning, be sure to rinse the concrete surface with clean water to remove any detergent residue.
- Let the concrete dry completely before walking on it – Be sure to give the concrete plenty of time to dry before walking or driving on it.